tisdag 30 september 2014

Silverstein took an interest in the WTC-site when again??!

It is well-known that Larry Silversteined leased the twin towers shortly before 9/11 2001. More specifically he signed the lease on July 24, 2001. He had already made a bid for the lease in January of 2001, but another company's bid was higher. So, they had it until they withdrew.

Further, this lease was not only about the Twin towers, but also about WTC 4 and 5.

What is less well-known perhaps, or at least not brought up often, is that he won a bid to construct WTC 7 back in 1980 already. A full 21 years prior to 9/11.

Because Silverstein had the lease he had to (was obliged to) rebuild when the buildings were destroyed.

To several, this may not be news at all, but much of this was actually news to me as I have not been so interested in this part of 9/11. and, since I thought it was not brought up when Silverstein is discussed normally I thought it was worth to make a post about.

My source may not be the best, but I think wiki most of the time does a decent job. If anyone has seen an error, feel free to tell me. Source-link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Silverstein

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar